What do people use Macro Scheduler for?
It’s always fascinating and useful to find out how other people use Macro Scheduler. As you probably know I frequently post Success Stories here on this blog. There’s also a really interesting topic on the forums, here, where people can post information about how Macro Scheduler helps them.
I’ve just scanned through the forum post and made a short list summarising some of the ways people are using Macro Scheduler:
- Creating an Automated Ticketing System
- Caption Competition Tool
- Automated backups and file management
- Anti-phishing Tool
- Automated admin tasks and unlocking files
- Backing up a MySQL database
- Transferring data from Oracle to UPS Worldship
- Automating an ERP Shipping System
- Order email retrieval, parse and input to ERP system
- Automation of e-commerce tasks
- Automated report writing
- EDI Scheduling
- Integrating Word and Excel macros
- Harvesting data from websites
- Stress and load testing ERP software
- Automated provisioning system for a telecommunications company
- To automatically broadcast and archive daily conference calls
- Retrieval from corporate databases and report production where no ad-hoc reporting tool exists.
- “entering data where there are multiple steps over a number of pages & especially where the application does not have keyboard command options. I load the data into a xls, then MS will enter the data quickly & accurately.”
Read more, or post your own experiences here: Tell us how Macro Scheduler helps you, what you use it for.